Your AWHONN Kansas Legislative Coordinators are Heather Scruton, MBA, MSN, RNC-OB, CEFM (Children’s Mercy Hospital) and Susan Thrasher, APRN, FNP-BC, RNC-OB (Overland Park Regional Medical Center).
Their responsibilities include:
• Keeping abreast of pending legislation in Kansas relating to the needs of women and infants
• Educating membership on ways to be involved with legislative initiatives
• Representing KS AWHONN at state legislative events
• Providing information on pending legislation in the KS AWHONN newsletter
• Educating the public about AWHONN at sanctioned events
• Forming partnerships with other non-profits that advance the mission of AWHONN
Each of these links provides more information on important topics affecting women and infants and quick links to contact your legislators. The newly redesigned AWHONN website has made it easier than ever to contact your legislative representatives. With your AWHONN membership, you can log into the website, go to your profile page, and find links to your congressional representatives and Senators right underneath your address. The links will take you directly to a page that has their websites and email addresses.
Let your educated and informed voice be heard! You can find your local and national representatives by clicking on the following links and entering your zip code.